polycarbonate (pc) is transparent with high light permeability and has minimal water absorption, which allows it to remain dimensionally stable even in extremely damp conditions. It is also physiologically inert and suitable for use in the food sector.
polycarbonate is a hard and dimensionally rigid plastic, but has remarkable impact strength and flexibility in contrast to many other thermoplastics, and its mechanical properties are only slightly influenced by temperature fluctuations. It is virtually unbreakable.
polycarbonate is self-extinguishing and flame resistant, and will retain its physical properties even in temperatures as low as –60°C. It can be heat or coldformed and is solvent-cementable (methylene chloride).
It is non-toxic, odourless and tasteless.
- Translucent with high light permeability (optical uses)
- Virtually unbreakable
- High dimensional stability
- High impact strength
- Minimal water absorption
- High insulating properties
- Non-toxic for food contact
- Bottles and containers
- Transparent covers, trims and housings
- Machine guards and trims, safety glazing
- Electrical insulators, housings and holders
- Observation and transport covers
- Food sector application